Monday, January 23, 2006

Fishhead Hiatus II

Phew. Been too busy to post lately, trying to get in gear for the semester and recording vocals for my album - which is going totally sweet in my opinion - on both accounts. So far this semester I've taught Tim O'Briens' "The Things They Carry," Don Dellilo's "Videotape," and Donald Barthelme's "Game." Wednsday we do "Glass Mountain" and Aimee Bender's "The Rememberer," and Friday is George Saunders "My Flamboyant Grandson," and Bender's "Marzipan." Later on we've got Adam Johnson "Trauma Plate," and Michael Knight's "Killing Stonewall Jackson." Plus movies and music, it's been quite rocking. I'm teaching what I want to be reading. Woo. Hoo.

Otherwise, I'm trying to figure out how to start posting songs to this blog so I can compete with Michael. Oh yeah. Except that mine aren't really funny songs, except maybe on accident.

That's all for know. My brain is teetering towards shutdown.

Oh, and for anyone interested there is a new story up on Boatload of Fools.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Competition?!? What?!? You dare try to compete with me?!???lg?! Pah! I wrote two songs in the middle of this comment and finished a wicked gong solo on a third just now! Now I'm feeding these songs into the Time=Decibel Decimater Machine and they will destroy the world! Mwa ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaarrrr!

*ahem*

But seriously, you should put songs up. My songs are loaded onto my Texas State Webspace. I have 25 MB as a grad student. I'm not sure what they expect me to use it for, but it lets me host a decent number of songs. Then I just link em. FTP baby! And the little songs page is hosted on my Texas State account too. And I know you have free webspace through UT, because I used that as an undergrad. What you need is internet connection, obviously. Why, then we could collaborate. I could turn your songs silly, and you could make mine serious. Spoooooky.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Andrew Najberg said...

ooh - collaboration sounds totally rocking. I'm all for that. I've got a collaboration going with Ryan Kelley already, though we've only produced roughly 1/3 of a song.

I just need to figure out how to upload and link things...

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home